Sunday, June 18, 2006

4-Father's Day

To the 4-Father's of the 4 Peoples of the Earth

First they came for the Natives,
and I did not speak up,
because I was not a Native.
Then they came for the Poor,
and I did not speak up,
because I was not Poor.
Then they came for the Spiritual,
and I did not speak up,
because I was Religious.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me.

---poem adaptation by me.

Dear Fathers:
Your father's before you died in war, that you may live in peace.
They stood against tyranny, that you may lie down in comfort.
They marched into battle, that you may walk in freedom.
They cried in pain, that you may laugh with joy.
Remember them, dear fathers, on their day too.
Honour them, dear fathers, walk in their shoe.
Learn again, dear fathers, but from who.
Children fall, dear fathers, without a clue.
Ask yourselves, dear fathers, what to DO?
When evil rises, dear fathers, instead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.