Saturday, April 29, 2006

A funny poem

The famous speaker who no one had heard of said:

Ladies and jellyspoons, hobos and tramps,
cross-eyed mosquito's and bow-legged ants,
I stand before you to sit behind you
to tell you something I know nothing about.
Next Thursday, which is Good Friday,
there's a Mother's Day meeting for fathers only;
wear your best clothes if you haven't any.
Please come if you can't; if you can, stay at home.
Admission is free, pay at the door;
pull up a chair and sit on the floor.
It makes no difference where you sit,
the man in the gallery's sure to spit.
The show is over, but before you go,
let me tell you a story I don't really know.
One bright day in the middle of the night,
two dead boys got up to fight.
(The blind man went to see fair play;
the mute man went to shout "hooray!")
Back to back they faced each other,
drew their swords and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the noise,
came over and killed the two dead boys.
A paralyzed donkey passing by
kicked the blind man in the eye;
knocked him through a nine-inch wall,
into a dry ditch and drowned them all.
If you don't believe this lie is true,
ask the blind man; he saw it too,
through a knothole in a wooden brick wall.
Across the street and down the hall.

I'll be here awhile as I cannot stay...And the man with no legs walked away.

---author unknown to me.

6 comments:

  1. I read your old postings. I wanted to comment their but as those were old postings and you might not be checking them i.e why I posted those answers on my blog. Thanks for raising issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great--not only did it include so much great irony, but if you were to speak it out loud, it really does roll right off the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ancient clown, am here from ventilatorblues' blog. i like this poem. journeyed through your old posts, and learnt a lot. keep writing :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thanks for the comments that you left about 10 days ago.. im never on this so it takes me awhile to reply back.

    if i knew how to add you to a friends list or something on here, i would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A.C.
    I have started reading the 14 Lessons. I am enjoying it immensely. :)

    Thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, this poem is funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.