Saturday, March 18, 2006

IN A MOMENT

There are things of Ancient days
Beyond both legend and lore.
Unwritten tales, forgotten now,
But of that I'll speak no more.
For they shall know when the time is nigh,
And not a moment before.

"Here is my servant, Whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope."This is what God the LORD says - he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you."
---Isaiah 42:1-9---

So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them. Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it,'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breath into these slain, that they may live.'" So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet - a vast army. ---Ezek 37:7-10---

"Listen to me, you islands; hear this, you distant nations: Before I was born the LORD called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name. He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; he made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver. He said to me,"You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendour." But I said, "I have laboured to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Yet what is due me is in the LORD's hand, and my reward is with my GOD." And now the LORD says - He who formed me in the womb to be His servant to bring Jacob back to Him and gather Israel to himself, for I am honoured in the eyes of the LORD and my God has been my strength - He says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."This is what the LORD says - the Redeemer and Holy One of Israel - to him who was despised and abhorred by the nation, to the servant of rulers: "Kings will see you and rise up, princes will see and bow down, because of the LORD, who is faithful, the Holy One of Israel, who has chosen you."
---Isaiah 49:1-7---

Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, because judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement.
---Jam 2:12-13---

"I and my brothers and my men are also lending the people money and grain. But let the exacting of usury stop! Give back to them immediately their fields, vineyards, olive groves and houses, and also the usury you are charging them - the hundredth part of the money, grain, new wine and oil.","We will give it back" they said. "And we will not demand anything more from them. We will do as you say." Then I summoned the priests and made the nobles and officials take an oath to do what they had promised. I also shook out the folds of my robe and said,"In this way may God shake out of his house and possessions every man who does not keep this promise. So may such a man be shaken out and emptied!" At this the whole assembly said,"Amen" and praised the LORD. And the people did as they had promised. ---Neh 5:10-13---

I AM who I AM...I AM 'no one'...I AM 'everyone'...Perhaps I am only the fool who wrote down what the wise man said...perhaps I am just a simple man of whom GOD has asked to do Her a favour...perhaps not...but are you sure that I'm not sane...regardless, there are no 'lost souls'...GOD knows where every one of you are.

"If anyone chooses to do God's will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own." ---John 7:17---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.