Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Look me in the EYE


Though these words are not mine own either,
I would share them with you as though they were.
"I want you to look me in the face, and I hope the Great Heavenly Father, who will look down upon Us, will give all the Tribes His blessing, that we may go forth in peace, and live in peace all our days, and that He will look down upon Our Children and finally lift Us far above this Earth, and that Our Heavenly Father will look upon Our Children as His Children and that all the Tribes may be His Children...We have assempled here today as chiefs from all over the Land, we eat the bread and meat together, we Smoke the Pipe of Peace, and we shake the Hand of Peace. And now we go out as one Chief, and I hope we shall be as Brothers and Friends for all our lives and seperate with kind hearts." --- So spoke young Red Cloud at a council of many chiefs, in Montana in 1909.your humble servant,
Ancient Clown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep profanity out of the conversation.